Your Care Manager - A Partner in Planning and Providing Care
You will have a Care Manager to help with care. Your Care Manager will contact you by telephone within the first five days after you sign-up for HSCSN. At that time, you can agree on a time to meet. After that, you will meet with the Care Manager up to three times per year.
Your Care Manager will:
- Work with you and your health care providers to prepare a Care Coordination Plan.
- Make appointments with your PCP, specialists, and other health care providers.
- Setup rides to health care services.
- Make sure the doctors and other providers have the information about your or your child’s condition.
- Make sure your providers or your child’s providers are following the Care Coordination Plan.
- Make sure your child’s school, district agencies, and providers are giving you the services in a treatment plan.
- Help you to understand your condition or your child’s condition and how to manage it.
- Connect you to people in the community who can help you or your child.
- Meet with you face-to-face during the year to:
- Complete assessments.
- Talk about the Care Coordination Plan for you or your child.
Contact Your Care Manager
Normal business hours:
- Call HSCSN Customer Care at (202) 467-2737 or 1 (866) 937-4549 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This is the best time to reach your Care Manager.
After business hours, weekends and holidays:
- Call the HSCSN After Hours Customer Care line at (202) 441-5268.
- Leave a detailed message for the Care Manager. He or she will return your call the next business day.
In an emergency: